Junior Content Marketer
Blue Tree clients are growing fast and so are we! We are a fairly new agency but have kept our clients almost since we started. Word is getting out about our work and our culture, and it’s time to scale.
Curious about working at Blue Tree? We just opened a spot for a talented Junior Content Marketer to help us brainstorm and execute amazing work for our clients. Ultimately, our goal at Blue Tree is to massively increase our clients’ organic traffic by creating the best in class content on the internet for their industries.
What’s it like working at Blue Tree? First and foremost, we believe in culture and results. Long meetings, crowded Zoom calls, and “busy work” are not part of our company culture and you will not be obligated to participate in such activities. Working at Blue Tree is best suited for individuals who want to work from wherever they want, whenever they want, and want to be fairly compensated for the work they do.
We have offices in Chicago and South Florida, but no one uses them! This is a full time position but also fully remote. You are free to live in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Antarctica for all we care, but if you do happen to be near one of our offices you are more than welcome to use them!
Blue Tree is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is core to our values (and our business model). We invite people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. The founders, Dan and Sia, make health a priority in their lives and encourage all Blue Tree employees to do the same.
- You’ll be researching online channels which are relevant for our clients, funding trending news stories, and generating new content ideas based on these.
- You’ll also generate creative ideas to develop as content, and then pitch these to sites, journalists, and bloggers.
- Writing snappy, effective headlines.
- Developing productive relationships with writers, reporters, and editors of online magazines and portals.
- Writing great web copy that gets our clients’ plenty of exposure.
- You’ll be running high volume outreach campaigns, pitching more than 100 sites a week, and managing the responses from editors.
- Go the extra mile to improve the online presence of our clients.
- We work online, so you need to be tech savvy, and have a genuine interest in the internet and marketing.
- We need someone with strong interpersonal skills, and who has the ability to form productive working relationships with a wide variety of people from around the world.
- You’ll have a lot of freedom and autonomy in this role, so you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage your own time.
- We need you to be able to meet deadlines, period.
- Ideally, we are looking for a native English speaker who can also write well. In any case, we need someone with perfect grammar, spelling, and sentence construction.
- If you’ve got proof that you can generate ideas that generate interest, send it to us. That’s exactly what we are looking for.
- If you have 2 to 4 years experience working in an agency, or in a similar marketing environment, that’s also great. But we also value skills and enthusiasm more than raw experience.
- Basic SEO knowledge is very desirable, or an ability to learn quickly.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and the Google Doc tool suite is a must, or you’ll have to learn quickly.
- A working knowledge of HTML and CSS, with an eye for good web design, would be an asset.
- A working knowledge of SEO tools, and how they can be used to help improve client websites, would also be useful.
- If you have 2 years’ experience working in the fields of PR or marketing, that’s great. Make sure you include your experiences in your CV.
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position. We will follow up with you via email.