Blue Tree clients are growing fast and so are we! We are a fairly new agency but have kept our clients almost since we started. Word is getting out about our work and our culture, and it’s time to scale.
Curious about working at Blue Tree? We just opened a spot for a talented Graphic Designer to help us brainstorm and execute amazing work for our clients. Ultimately, our goal at Blue Tree is to massively increase our clients’ organic traffic by creating the best in class content on the internet for their industries.
What’s it like working at Blue Tree? First and foremost, we believe in culture and results. Long meetings, crowded Zoom calls, and “busy work” are not part of our company culture and you will not be obligated to participate in such activities. Working at Blue Tree is best suited for individuals who want to work from wherever they want, whenever they want, and want to be fairly compensated for the work they do.
We have offices in Chicago and South Florida, but no one uses them! This is a full time position but also fully remote. You are free to live in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Antarctica for all we care, but if you do happen to be near one of our offices you are more than welcome to use them!
Blue Tree is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is core to our values (and our business model). We invite people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. The founders, Dan and Sia, make health a priority in their lives and encourage all Blue Tree employees to do the same.
- You’ll be working as a designer for both UX and more traditional graphic design tasks.
- At BlueTree we work closely together, so you’ll be communicating with our front end development team to implement designs.
- We need someone who is experienced with usability and user-centric design, and uses both to inform their work.
- You’ll also need to talk to clients from time to time, in a professional and efficient way.
- Clients will request changes on your designs, and you’ll need to respond openly to these requests to keep our clients happy.
- You’ll also spend some of your week researching design trends, and developing innovative content in order to build our clients’ online visibility.
- You need to be tech savvy, and have an interest in the internet. That’s where we work.
- Ability to J.F.D.I.
- Extensive experience using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. These will be your main tools in this job.
- Ability to create original illustrations, quickly and to sometimes complicated briefs.
- A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS would be helpful.
- You’ll need to be able to get on with people from around the world, from many different backgrounds, and to quickly form productive professional relationships with them.
- You’re going to be juggling multiple projects all the time, so you’ll need project management skills and the ability to organize your own work and time.
- We need someone who can hit deadlines, manage their own priorities, and work independently.
- You should be able to produce great graphic designs that are suitable for many different industries.
- Ideally, you have a proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web, and generate traffic for our clients.
- Some SEO knowledge and experience highly desirable.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and the Google Doc tool suite is a must.
- Working knowledge of WordPress is also highly desirable, since most of our clients’ sites run on this platform.
- Working knowledge of AfterEffects.
- Ideally, you’ll have five years experience in a graphic design role, but we value intelligence, enthusiasm, and skills more highly than decades of experience.
- We’d like someone with a Graphic Design degree from respected 4-year institution.
- 2 years experience with digital marketing, or 2 years experience working in an agency environment, will be assets for the right candidate.
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position. We will follow up with you via email.
- Your resume
- A short introduction or cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- Links to your portfolio or an attached portfolio
- A design example you feel best matches the normal requirements of this position