Digital PR Manager
Blue Tree clients are growing fast and so are we! We are a fairly new agency but have kept our clients almost since we started. Word is getting out about our work and our culture, and it’s time to scale.
Curious about working at Blue Tree? We just opened a spot for a talented Digital PR Manager to help us brainstorm and execute amazing work for our clients. Ultimately, our goal at Blue Tree is to massively increase our clients’ organic traffic by creating the best in class content on the internet for their industries.
What’s it like working at Blue Tree? First and foremost, we believe in culture and results. Long meetings, crowded Zoom calls, and “busy work” are not part of our company culture and you will not be obligated to participate in such activities. Working at Blue Tree is best suited for individuals who want to work from wherever they want, whenever they want, and want to be fairly compensated for the work they do.
We have offices in Chicago and South Florida, but no one uses them! This is a full time position but also fully remote. You are free to live in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Antarctica for all we care, but if you do happen to be near one of our offices you are more than welcome to use them!
Blue Tree is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is core to our values (and our business model). We invite people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. The founders, Dan and Sia, make health a priority in their lives and encourage all Blue Tree employees to do the same.
- Intelligently liaise with, and pitch to, mid-tier bloggers and high-end press. Content will be generated by our team: your job is to get it published.
- From time to time, you’ll also write guest posts to build brand visibility for our clients. Clear, snappy copy is a must in these posts.
- Research key sites and publications, across a number of industries, to gather information on trending news stories and market projections.
- Generate exciting ideas for content, and then sell them to journalists and bloggers.
- Continually checking the news in the industries our clients work within, to stay on top of breaking developments.
- Writing great headlines for the press.
- Develop professional relationships with writers, reporters, and bloggers to increase our clients’ reach.
- Go the extra mile to improve the online presence of our clients.
- Above all, we value passion. If you genuinely enjoy public relations, email outreach and media relations, this is the role for you.
- We’re also looking for someone with experience of running surveys, and of using the data generated from them to craft stories that that can be pitched to national news outlets.
- We’d prefer people who have 2 or 3 years experience working in an agency or similar PR environment, but if you are passionate and have the required skills, this may not be so important.
- We work as a close team, so you’ll need strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships with a wide range of people across the world.
- You’ll be working with a great deal of autonomy, so some some project management skills – as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time – are going to come in handy.
- Everyone who works with us should be able to set and manage their own priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- You’re going to be writing a lot, so we need people with near perfect grammar, spelling, and editing skills.
- Basic to moderate SEO knowledge is a huge bonus in this role.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and the Google Doc tool suite is a must.
- A working knowledge of HTML and CSS, and an eye for good web design, is desirable but not a must.
- Knowing how to use SEO tools, and how they can be used to help improve client websites, would be useful. If you don’t know this already, a willingness to learn would be welcome.
- Ideally, you’ll have 2 years’ experience working in PR, SEO, or with national news outlets.
Pay for this position depends on your experience and skills, but mostly your skills.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position. We will follow up with you via email.