Content Marketing Manager
Blue Tree clients are growing fast and so are we! We are a fairly new agency but have kept our clients almost since we started. Word is getting out about our work and our culture, and it’s time to scale.
Curious about working at Blue Tree? We just opened a spot for a talented Content Marketing Manager to help us brainstorm and execute amazing work for our clients. Ultimately, our goal at Blue Tree is to massively increase our clients’ organic traffic by creating the best in class content on the internet for their industries.
What’s it like working at Blue Tree? First and foremost, we believe in culture and results. Long meetings, crowded Zoom calls, and “busy work” are not part of our company culture and you will not be obligated to participate in such activities. Working at Blue Tree is best suited for individuals who want to work from wherever they want, whenever they want, and want to be fairly compensated for the work they do.
We have offices in Chicago and South Florida, but no one uses them! This is a full time position but also fully remote. You are free to live in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Antarctica for all we care, but if you do happen to be near one of our offices you are more than welcome to use them!
Blue Tree is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is core to our values (and our business model). We invite people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. The founders, Dan and Sia, make health a priority in their lives and encourage all Blue Tree employees to do the same.
- Complete extensive and ongoing research into online channels that are relevant for our clients, and stay on top of trends across a wide variety of industries, including technical sectors.
- Generate new, engaging ideas to pitch to online outlets, journalists, and bloggers, and get them interested in your ideas.
- Write great headlines for your own ideas and those of your team.
- Develop effective and efficient relationships with writers, bloggers, and designers, both within and outside the company.
- Write great web copy that will get exposure for our client across a range of verticals.
- Reach out ot thought leaders in various industries in order to grow the online visibility of both BlueTree and our clients.
- Go the extra mile to get our clients the highest online visibility possible.
- We need someone who has more than 3 years experience in a content marketing role, with your primary focus on blog content.
- You’ll need a proven ability to handle large campaigns, and the ability to efficiently prospect and pitch media, ideally with a high DA of 30 or better.
- A good level of SEO skills, and a working knowledge of popular SEO tools, and how they can be used to improve visibility for our clients.
- Experience speaking with C-level executives, and leading strategy discussions with them.
- You’re going to be managing multiple projects at the same time, so we need someone with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively.
- A proven ability to set your own priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently. You’re going to have a lot of freedom, but also a lot of responsibility.
- We need someone with very close attention to detail, including near perfect grammar and strong editing skills.
- Above all, you need to be able to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web.
- Ideally, you’ll have lots of experience working with a remote team, and all the difficulties and joys that entails.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and the Google Doc tool suite, or the ability to learn them extremely quickly, is a must.
- A working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design, would also be an asset for the right candidates.
- Preferably, you’ll also have at least 2 years’ experience working with the press, and national news outlets.
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position. We will follow up with you via email.